Early Childhood I
eNetLearning Certified Facilitators Provided for Each Course
DATES, TIMES, NUMBER OF SESSIONS:
The Early Childhood Education course is designed to provide an overview of the expectations and roles of the early childhood educator. The course provides details about childhood development, health, nutrition, and guidance strategies to help students understand the exciting and unique opportunities that a career in early childhood education can offer. The course is intended to prepare students for challenges they may face, but to emphasize the rewards of being able to influence the life of a young child. The ability to offer support to children as they learn and grow is a point that is highlighted throughout each lesson.
This four-five week course is delivered by eNetLearning and there is a $115 registration fee to cover facilitation costs. After completion of course requirements, you will receive 45 continuing educational units or as an option receive three graduate credit hours from Adams State University for an additional $165 paid directly to Adams State University.
In this course, participants will
- Identify early childhood education career opportunities
- Compare roles and responsibilities of the childcare center team members
- Identify and describe characteristics of a safe, sanitary, healthy childcare environment
- Describe ways to assist children with personal hygiene routines
- Identify the nutritional needs of infants through school-age children (birth through age eight)
- Identify and describe methods of guidance of children’s behavior at age-appropriate levels
- Identify characteristics of a healthy child
- Identify and describe symptoms of childhood illness and communicable diseases
- Identify the components of and perform a “10-second health check” for children
- Analyze appropriate uses of current technology in a childcare setting
- Describe the use of robotic technology for young children
- Identify the most common physical and behavioral indicators of physical abuse, sexual abuse, emotional abuse, and neglect.
To register, just fill in the information below.