Wednesday, May 15th, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Location: Sustainability, Energy and Environment Community Building (SEEC), 4001 Discovery Dr., Boulder
CU Science Discovery’s Teacher + Student Team Workshops are a unique professional development model featuring day-long, activity-based programs for teams composed of one teacher and five students. Teachers and students (grades 4-8) work side-by-side, allowing teachers to observe students’ interaction with inquiry and innovation-driven activities grounded in standards-based content. These workshops feature three interconnected classes on a specific science, engineering or pedagogical theme that:
- Provide a full-day of engaging, hands-on STEM learning and activities,
- Share new, standards-based activities, skills and technologies,
- Develop inquiry, innovation, engineering design and/or science process skills,
- Bring the best of cutting-edge science and pedagogy from the University of Colorado Boulder,
- Supply program resources, curricula and CDE/NGSS standards correlations, and
- Provide a certificate documenting 5 hours of professional development or college/university credit.
For more information and registration, please click here.