The new state-supported supplemental online program.
Please forward to principals, counselors, online course coordinators, etc.
CDLS News and Updates – April 2016
- Summer school registration opens on May 9 and will be open through June 10
- Fall semester registration will be August 8 – September 9
- Districts accessing and using state supported supplementary online courses increasing
- Want to learn more – Register for an informational Webinar
- Staff Development Supported by the State Supported Supplementary Online Program through CDLS
- CDLS Contacts
Summer school registration opens on May 9 and will be open through June 1.
The summer term will be 8 weeks in length that will run June 6 – July 29, 2016. Students will be able to complete a full semester course by spending a minimum of 10 hours per week engaged in content. Click here to see complete summer school offerings.
Exciting opportunities for Advanced Placement (AP) courses as well as unique CTE programming and concurrent enrollment opportunities will be announced in the coming weeks as planning and preparations are finalized.
Districts Accessing Supplemental Online Courses Increasing
Over 30 schools and school districts statewide have accessed and used the new state supplemental online program during its first 6 months in operation. Districts are finding the new supplemental program responsive to their needs and very flexible in supporting their students.
There are some great models emerging from districts around the state using this program to provide credit retrieval, to access advanced and CTE courses, to enhance curriculum options, to resolve scheduling conflicts, and to support blended and individualized learning strategies.
Click here to check out the use cases at: https://goo.gl/rd7Qbc .
Want to Learn More – Register for an Informational Webinar
Attend one of the following short informational webinars that will discuss:
– What is supplemental online?
– What courses are available?
– How can supplemental support students and districts?
– What are some of the models and best practices used by districts statewide?
– What do local districts need to provide to support students?
– How much does it cost?
– How do we get started?
- Tuesday May 10, 3:30-4:15pm
- Thursday May 12, 4:00-4:45pm
- Wednesday May 18, 3:30-4:15pm
Staff Development Supported by the State Supported Supplementary Online Program through CDLS
CDLS, in partnership with eNetLearning and the Colorado BOCES and with the support provided by the state’s Blended and Online Learning Program, is offering teachers in participating and interested districts in the Supplemental Online Program online professional development (PD) courses at a reduced cost with the purpose of expanding the availability of on-line courses and blended learning strategies.
Have questions? Contact us at:
Dan Morris (email@example.com)
Billi Jo Saunders (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Dr. Teresa Yohon (email@example.com)
CDLS Website: http://www.coloradodls.org/
Colorado’s State Supported Supplemental Online Learning Program