eNetLearning Certified Facilitators Provided for Each Course
In this course, you’ll explore the works of several contemporary artists working with a variety of techniques. You’ll experiment with these artists techniques, ideas, and concepts by creating artworks of your own, inspired by their work. These experimental art projects will inspire the development of a lesson that relates to your curriculum – language arts, history, social studies, etc. Get ready to play with new ideas, create, have fun, and talk with other students about the process of making art!
This course is intended for middle, high school, and community college educators who would like to incorporate art into their teaching. We welcome all educators and administrators.
In this course you will create activities using online resources. Our eNet certified course facilitators will make sure you are comfortable navigating activities. You’ll learn how incorporate art into your teaching and various curricula, how to assess student activities and projects, and get tips for being a successful teacher in an online learning community.
Course Goals include:
- Build knowledge of the art critique process and explain that process
- Differentiate between and explain blended and online instruction
- Describe how to maintain student engagement and motivation in online and blended environments
- List and describe characteristics of effective online learning communities
- Explore and use a variety of digital tools to support your communication and the sharing of your projects
- Reflect on current practices and plan ideas to apply in their schools/districts
- Incorporate symbolism in art
- Build strategies for making connections between art, history and language arts
- Represent a personal and societal viewpoint
- Design a body of work with a specific concept
- Create new forms with familiar objects
- Use a documentary process in art projects
- Investigate and explain the difference between art and craft
- Study how performance art differs from theater
- Learn about and explain how contemporary artists approach portraiture
- Develop a plan for implementing art activities in a blended or online course
This course is designed for teachers, instructional leaders, and administrators. You will receive 30 continuing education hours/units or optional 2 graduate credit hours from Adams State University.
To register for this course, please click here.
For additional information contact: